Thursday, April 1, 2010

Starfish

I dont remember leaving. But now when i look around its like you were never there at all. The sadness is greater than the loss. Most of the time I simply pretend that I'm fine about it and wish you well. But occassionally, when my long days eclipse into my nights, the realization that I have lost a friend is startling, stark, bold, up front and center. We knew everything about each other, at least at one point, at one time. We were friends. Secret sisters. Laughing maniacs. Daydreamers. Drunk buddies. You were a driving disaster and I was your firstmate. Partners in crime. Schemers and foolish believers. Opposites. Friends. That was a different life, wasn't it. We of that time will never be the same. At this moment, I am learning to let you go. But my hand was just always there, always ready whenever you needed me. Until you stopped needing me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment