Thursday, April 1, 2010

Somewhere. Nowhere.

I haven't thought of you in a long time. Now a song brings you back to me. And it surprises me how much i've forgotten, how far i've come from the consuming emptiness i once had from losing you.

I know you dont hear me anymore. My voice no longer calls to you from the dark and a lot of the demons that haunted you have been laid to rest. The phonecalls have stopped coming, and so have my dread of having to lock in every emotion you can always evoke from me. You dont look for me anymore, and i have stopped moving away.

Funny. Back then, i would never have thought that this day, this time, would come. Back then, i thought i'd never forget you, never find anyone quite like you, never ever be the same. I was wrong, wasn't I? You're there. I am here. And we are as different as we were. Now only as far apart.

"..together, share this smile..lover lay down..coz its over..lover lay down..say love, say love, say love..and i love you, could you love me?..could i love you, could you love me..? (Dave Matthews Band)

No comments:

Post a Comment